During my recent print weekend, we experimented on tiny canvases I had brought. Despite stuffing or "building up" the hollow backside of the stretched canvases with paper to help make a level printing surface, some of our prints didn't come out clear. This even occured on my little canvas board that I tried to slip into the Gocco machine for a screenprint.
So having a partial pretzel print, and not wanting to throw the canvas board out, here is what I came up with. I remembered a lecture from my docent museum training where we learned that the human eye always stops at a solid line. I took a black Staedtler permanent pen and drew where the missing pretzel pieces were supposed to be. So although they remain blobby without any sharp details, you can at least tell they're pretzels when before this was unclear.
I made a little word play sharing the "E" between "love" and "breze" (which is the German word for pretzel). My only regret with my painstaking letters is that I laid them down too close to the right edge of the board. When I put it in a frame, I was disappointed with the right edge of the word "Love" getting cut off. Live and learn!
In the end, I'm happy with the idea that you can mix prints and pens to resurrect partially printed pretzels. (Say that 10 times fast).